|Physical and Vital Statistics|
|Manga||Volume 1, Chapter 1|
|Japanese Voice||Marie Miyake|
|English Voice||Melissa Molano|
Mamiko has long blonde hair and an asymmetrical, side-swept fringe which falls just above her green eyes. Her hair is tied in a half updo with a white bow at the back. Much of Mamiko's appearance is based on Chiyo Sakura, her hairstyle and facial features in particular. In 'Let's Fall in Love', she is often depicted wearing the school uniform - a green sailor-style gakuran over a white shirt. She also wears thigh-high stockings and a green skirt.
Mamiko's personality is modeled after Mikoto Mikoshiba as she has the tendency to act flustered and embarrassed is based on Umetarou Nozaki's impression of how Mikoshiba behaves in similar situations. Despite her tsundere nature, Mamiko is caring and compassionate towards people she can trust, notably Suzuki. She is also very attached to Suzuki, almost to the point of obsession.
Much of 'Let's Fall in Love' surrounds Mamiko and her various attempts to win over Suzuki's affections. Her devotion remains one-sided early on in the manga. Over the course of time, however, Suzuki begins to reciprocate her emotions as they embark on a series of romantic escapades together.
- The name Mamiko means "real, genuine" (真) or "flax" (麻) (ma), "beautiful" (美) (mi) and "child" (子) (ko).
- In chapter 48 of the manga, Umetarou Nozaki met Sakura by helping her over the gate since she came late to the entrance ceremony. In return, Sakura offered Nozaki one of her hair bows which he used to design Mamiko's hair style. Due to staying up too late the night before, Nozaki did not remember this encounter. This was during their first year of high school when 'Let's Fall in Love' was still being conceptualized.
- Chiyo Sakura is in charge of the beta for her clothes while Mikoto Mikoshiba draws the floral effects for her. Hirotaka Wakamatsu is the one in charge of pasting screentone for other parts of her clothing.
- Masayuki Hori finds it hard to forget that Mamiko's personality is based on Mikoshiba. This leads to him gaining the unfortunate nickname 'Mami-koshiba'.
- Sakura does not know of her status as Mamiko's appearance model, and Mikoshiba is oblivious to the fact that he is the model for Mamiko's personality.